COVID-19 PCR Testing & Fit to Fly Certification By GP Doctor
FIT-2-FLY Doctor certificate meeting most airline requirements. Several airlines require passengers to produce evidence of a recent negative COVID-19 test before flying. Testing from our site or observed by our qualified sampler
Why do you need a Fit for Travel PCR Testing?
Several airlines require passengers to produce evidence of a recent negative COVID-19 test before flying. COVID-19 Fit-for-Travel Certificates are proof that you have tested negative for Covid-19. It is not related to your risk of flying due to your pre-existing medical conditions.
In light of the current situation, some airlines and countries are asking those arriving from outside to present a “fit for travel” test that shows if you are currently infected by the Coronavirus or not. This test is used as a mean to control the spread of the Coronavirus so if you are travelling to a destination that requires you to have the fit for travel test done then we can help. We provide the Covid-19 antigen test, also known as the Fit for travel test and certificate service by a General Practitioner Doctor.
What is a Covid-19 Antigen PCR Test?
It is important to understand the difference between the two types of Covid-19 tests currently available. The antibody test checks if you have had the coronavirus before and the antigen test checks carried out in our clinic will suggest if you are currently infected with the coronavirus. The Covid-19 antigen test, also known as the PCR test, is a swab test that determines if you are currently infected with Coronavirus. The test looks for the presence of genetic material in the virus called RNA. The swab sample is tested in the lab by adding a reagent solution to it. If the virus is present, the reagent starts a chain reaction and creates thousands of copies of the genetic material, producing enough material to investigate the presence of the virus.
The antigen PCR test:
- Tests for the presence of the virus in the host
- Has an optimal testing window of between 2 days prior to symptom onset and 7 days after
- Can be carried out using nose swabs, throat swabs or saliva
How to organise your test
You have 3 options for testing under a sampler
- Visiting our site and having our qualified trained sampler take the sample this will be packaged and sent out by our team
- Visiting our site and carrying out self swabbing or swabbing of your child but having our qualified trained sampler observe and guide you through the process, this will be packaged and sent out by our team
- Carrying out self swabbing or swabbing of your child at home but booking a video call and having our qualified trained sampler observe and guide you through the process, this will be packaged and sent out by you and we will guide you through the process.
What will your on site visit involve?
- Pre visit questionnaire
- Social distanced entrance
- Sampling [either sampling by our qualified sampler, or self swabbing or swabbing of your child but having our qualified trained sampler observe and guide you through the process
- Sample is sent to a laboratory
- You are notified of the results via email text or phonecall
- Certification by GP of Fit-to-Fly COVID-19 status